The Provincial Government of Aklan (PGA) joins the global tourism industry as it celebrates the Annual Tourism Month this September and the World Tourism Day on the 27th. In line with this, the PGA, through the Aklan Provincial Tourism Office (APTO) in partnership with the Aklan Tourism Officers Association (AKTOA), will be spearheading the AKLAN TOURISM MONTH CELEBRATION 2020 with the theme, “Sustaining Aklan’s Tourism Industry under the New Normal.” Highlights of the celebration are as follows:
- Inter-School Digital Poster-Making Contest
- Inter-Municipality Virtual Tour-Guiding Competition
- Opening/Culminating Program on September 28, 2020
- Tourism Webinar
- Topic 1: Staying Safe: Accommodation Guide through the Pandemic
- Topic 2: Food Still-on-the-Go: Continuity of Restaurant Operation
- Topic 3: Packing Up: Preparation for Travel and Tour Businesses
- Topic 4: Tourism Spot-the-Difference: Maintenance of Tourist Sites
- “IEC para sa TREs” Project for a Cause
While most of these events will be staged in a digital/online platform, this month-long celebration will be dedicated to building friendships, fostering common knowledge, empowering tourism stakeholders, reviving tourism businesses and improving the present state of Aklan’s tourism industry.
We invite all Aklanons, especially the youth and students, those interested in doing business online or promoting local products, or those wanting to learn health and safety protocols in tourism establishments as well as other related topics, to join and participate in this year’s activities.